Which Should it Be: Personal or Business Auto Insurance?

by plong

Category: Education


Making sure your vehicles are properly classified, whether they are personal or for business use, is important in making sure you are covered when a loss occurs. The personal policy has more extensive coverage for you and your household members than does the business policy. But if you are delivering goods, transporting people or the vehicle weighs more than 10,000 pounds, you must have a business auto policy.

If you only have a business auto policy and are not listed on any personal policy, it is important to include an endorsement called Drive Other Car coverage on your business policy. You must be personally named under this policy endorsement. Without it, you will have no coverage if you drive another vehicle that is borrowed for personal use. This Drive Other Car endorsement will also extend coverage to a spouse, but not other household members such as a son or daughter.

Your Eldredge & Lumpkin customer service representative can help you determine the correct and best option for you. Please call us at 800 945-1840.

Comments are closed.